September 4, 2018 - Trucking industry regulations, compounding an existing CDL driver shortage, are leading to an industry-wide capacity crunch in 2018 and beyond.
While it is nearly impossible to predict the exact outcome the known and unknown (weather, natural disasters, etc.) factors will have on the trucking industry, the best anyone can do is prepare as much in advance as possible.
Helpful tips for Cryotech and its customers:
- Continue working together - Take a more collaborative approach to load planning.
- Communication is key - Provide good contact information.
- Remain flexible - Provide as much advance order notice as possible and consider extending loading/receiving hours. Every new requirement has the potential to restrict capacity.
- Promote efficient loading and unloading practices - No shipper, customer, or carrier likes demurrage/detention.
- Consider increasing on-site storage and inventory kept on-had - Maximize payload on trucks and ability to sustain operations through events.
- Maintain (and build) a strong network of committed carriers - send Cryotech any carrier or driver leads.