NAAC®40 is a 40% sodium acetate and 60% sodium chloride blend with high performance, minimal environmental impact and is competitively priced. The combination of rock salt and NAAC®, Cryotech's premium solid pavement deicer, is ideal for areas with chloride limits, decreasing the chloride load in storm water by 40% over rock salt alone. With low BOD/COD and low toxicity to fish and mammals, NAAC40 is an environmentally friendly and high performing alternative to conventional salts.
NAAC40 starts fast and provides long holdover, successfully breaking and inhibiting the bond between snow and ice and the pavement. These attributes allow for fewer applications than other common deicers, benefiting the environment and budgets. NAAC40 works to lower temperatures and is an effective ice melter down to a practical use temperature of approximately 10°F (-12°C), whereas sodium chloride alone works to approximately 20°F (-7°C). NAAC is industry-leading for its low effective temperature, exothermic properties, and uniform shape and size that allow the pellet to penetrate directly to the pavement surface.
NAAC40 is a 40% sodium acetate and 60% sodium chloride blend with high performance and minimal environmental impact. The combination of rock salt and NAAC, Cryotech's premium solid pavement deicer, is ideal for areas with chloride limits, decreasing the chloride load in storm water by 40% over rock salt alone.
With low BOD/COD and low toxicity to fish and mammals, NAAC40 is an environmentally friendly and high performing alternative to conventional salts.
- Reduces corrosion and environmental impact compared to salt
- Retains many NAAC benefits, such as low effective temperature
- Requires fewer applications than other common deicers
- Complimentary customer training upon request
- Works best above 10° F (-12°C)
- Long lasting effect, better than conventional salts
- Successfully breaks and inhibits the bond between snow/ice and pavement
- Apply early in the storm to prevent snow/ice bonding
- Application rates vary widely based on pavement temperature, forecast, traffic action, and level-of-service expectations. These are approximate rates which should be adjusted with experience:
- Pavement temp >28°F, apply at 2-3 lbs/1000 sq.ft.
- Pavement temp 23-28°F, apply at 3-5 lbs/1000 sq.ft.
- Pavement temp 15-23, apply at 3-7 lbs/1000 sq. ft.
- Pavement temp 10-15, apply at 4-9 lbs/1000 sq. ft.
- Apply like salt, but expect better hold-over times between applications and better performance at lower temperatures
- Plow regularly
- Apply as directed for maximum chloride reduction
Cryotech NAAC®40 Shaker Jug – Special Packaging
All-in-one, ready to use for parking garages, sidewalks, walking paths, residential areas, and more
- Lightweight & Convenient
- Maximize Performance